Here is some useful information to make your attendance at the Deaf View 4 conference a pleasant one.
Deaf View 4 venues
Auckland Deaf Society
Venue for Friday 13 September 2019
Diocesan School for Girls
Venue for Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 September 2019
Accommodation, if required, is your responsibility. There are a range of accommodation options available nearby, in Mt Eden, Newmarket and Greenlane, within walking distance of the school. Auckland Deaf Society is located nearby in Balmoral, and can be reached via bus. Group discounts may be available on request. Below are a select sample.
Note: these are suggestions, and not endorsements by the Deaf View 4 organising committee. We take no responsibility for accommodation choices/bookings.
For Auckland Deaf Society
- Bus: ADS is conveniently located on Balmoral Road , close to the intersection with Dominion Road. Both roads have an intensive bus network. Nearby bus stops include 8051, 8052, 8416, 8417, 8418, 8419.
For Diocesan School for Girls
- Train: The train line near Diocesan School for Girls is the Southern train line, and nearest stops are Remuera and Newmarket. From both it is a 10-15 minute walk to the conference venue (refer to map above) - see www.at.govt.nz for prices & timetables.
- Bus: nearest bus stops are on Great South Road, Greenlane or Manukau Road, Epsom (refer to map above) - see www.at.govt.nz for prices & timetables.
- Taxi: there's many taxi companies servicing Auckland.
- Uber: download the Uber app to access a cheaper taxi service.
- Car parking: – you may park in the school car park (free of charge) after school hours (Saturday and Sunday)
- Air travel into Auckland – Air New Zealand and Jetstar provide domestic flights into Auckland. For international flights, there's a range of airlines flying into Auckland.